To build a strong and sustainable network of Asian and Pacific Islanders Americans (APIA)professionals that contribute to the social, economic, and civic advancement in Long Beach.
1. Leadership and Professional Development
- Connect the expertise and knowledge of leaders and professionals.
- Cultural Awareness and Exchange – Increase the knowledge and awareness of the diverse APIA communities history and contribution to Long Beach.
- Increase knowledge and understanding on issues impacting the APIA communities in Long Beach including but not limited to health, education, housing, etc.
3. Community Services
- Provide people with the opportunities to volunteer and serve their community and city.
- Organize opportunities to engage the APIAcommunities in civic activity and/or advocacy.
To accomplish these goals, we use four strategies:
1. Inform and Educate
- Collect and compile information about the APIA community in Long Beach
- Disseminate the information about the APIA community in Long Beach
2. Connect and Build
- Create opportunities for people to connect to expand their network to work, learn, and socialize.
- Advocates for the inclusion of AAPI voices regarding issues and investments that are critical to our communities in Long Beach.
- Create opportunities to get active and take action together to maximize our impact to support AAPI businesses, organizations, issues, and causes.